IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Dylan's Chicken Cutlets

Servings:
2-4
RATE THIS RECIPE
(39)

Chef notes

Chicken cutlets topped with a simple arugula salad is a family-favorite! (Just chicken cutlets without the salad for the boys!) When we learned Calvin needs to eat gluten-free, I was worried we wouldn't be able to make these as delicious anymore, but there are some really great gluten-free seasoned breadcrumbs out there. I add in some Parmesan cheese and some extra seasonings, and they crisp up perfectly. I don't do the flour-egg-breadcrumb procedure when I'm making cutlets for Cal because the gluten-free flour can get really gummy. But it's totally fine just doing egg and breadcrumbs. The end result is perfect, and they get devoured instantly! I like the fresh simple salad on top to cut the richness a little.

Ingredients

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (remove the tenderloin if it's attached)
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • garlic powder, to taste
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup gluten-free seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more to serve
  • olive oil, for cooking
  • arugula
  • 1/2 lemon

Preparation

Pound chicken flat so it's all one thickness. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Using flat pans or dishes with sides, put eggs in one and seasoned breadcrumbs with Parmesan, salt, pepper and garlic powder in another.

Dip the chicken first in egg, then the breadcrumbs.

Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the cutlets and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes per side.

Once cooked through, remove from pan to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle with a touch of salt.

Place arugula in a medium bowl. Squeeze in half a lemon, add a drizzle of olive oil and season to taste. Toss the arugula to dress.

Top the chicken cutlet with the arugula salad. Add a shave or two of fresh Parmesan.